Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Russian Children

 
Kids:
When I last wrote, I told you I would be introducing you to the kids I teach. So here It goes…I don’t have pictures off all of them yet so I may just introduce most of them to you..

Meet Artiom,



Artiom is a super sweet little boy who was super shy and quit in the beginning, but has opened up a lot since and loves to repeat what you say! He is one of our younger students, but it a lot of fun..and also can be a little of a handful sometimes, but we love him non the less!

Meet Anya:


Anya is a sweetheart and sooo cute!! However, because she is the youngest child we have, she is super babied by the Russian teachers and often does her own thing!! She can speak a little English, but can only  really repeat a word or two at a time that you say. It’s so funny when she does though cause she puts on this cute little face and says every word the same way!

Meet Alosha:
 
Alosha is hardly ever participates in our classes, and I’m not really sure if he is apart of the program, but the teachers will have him sit in on the classes every once in a while. However, the Russian teachers have to stay with him otherwise he cries. He is super cute though!

Meet Garde:


 
Garde is one of our trouble makers.. he is a super cute little boy, but is a crazy little thing. It is hard to get him to listen sometimes….ok, a lot of the time, and he gets easily distracted. He really is getting better at English though when he does listen!

Meet Kirill:

Kirril loves making silly faces and made this face the first time I met him! He is so funny!!! But he too is a trouble maker!!  He is always bringing a toy to class and always wants to show you along with the rest of the class! He loves to run around and be crazy! His English is pretty good though!

Meet Nikitta:
 
Oh Nikitta….where to start….This is our top trouble maker…or the devils child as we call him sometimes. He is so hard to deal with. He  distracts all the other kids, and likes to cause havoc. He is a big boy, so he often bullies the other children or the little girls. His English really is amazing though for his age. He is surprisingly one of our top English speakers! If only we could get him to focus more!

Meet Polina:


Polina is a super cute little girl! And I just love this picture of her!! She is super sweet, and usually one of the first to comfort the other children that ever get hurt. However, I am pretty sure pretty sure she has a crush on a little boy names Velizar (who I will introduce next) and because of this I think, she likes to follow the boys lead sometimes and run around. She likes to participate in class, but often end up singing or talking to herself and we have to keep telling her to only speak English.

Meet Velizar:

This is Velizar. He is one of our best male students. Although, like any boy, he likes to run around, he is most often the one best fallowing the rules and ignoring the craziness around him and still focusing on the lesson. He knows Polina has a crush on him, I’m sure of it, and for the most part he seems to be very nice to her back, but it’s always funny to watch as Polina tries petting his head and he slowly moves away and pushes her hand away! Love him!



Meet Misha:

Misha is just the cutest little thing ever! You just can’t get mad, or stay mad at this little boy ever, even when he does something worthy of frustration! I don’t know exactly what it is about him, but even when he is mad and starves at me with a grumpy face, I just can’t help but think, he is so cute! The best is when he will give me a mean grumpy face to show he’s mad at me, and I’ll just give him one right back. He will just get so annoyed that his mean face isn’t working on me and try to punch me with his little hands, which is just all the more cute!

 
Meet Dahsa:

This cute little girl is Dasha. She hasn’t been in the program for long, and hardly ever comes, but we love it when she does because her English is wonderful and she often helps explain things to some of the younger kids and help them to do stuff, and follow the lesson more. She is super sweet, and super helpful.

Meet Sava:


Sava is a funny one. He likes to participate in the lessons, but also like to constantly show you every thing he does or has or whatever, and will constantly say, Teacher looook, looook teacher, loooook and I’m not going to lie, it gets really tiring and interrupts the rest of the class Nonetheless, he is super cute, and sweet.



Meet Liza:
Ok, I know I shouldn’t have favorites…..but I have to say, Liza is my favorite! She is a model student. Likes to be in class, always participating, is speaking good English and picking up what we teach her very fast! I’m not going to lie, I sometimes wish I could just be personally tutoring her because she would excel so far, so fast if I could! She is a delight to have in class, and is always willing to help me out!

 
Meet Anya:

Anya has only been to class probably three times or so in the last two months, so I honestly don’t have much to say. She is super cute, and because she has only come a few times, she has always been very shy and quite each of those times. Maybe we’ll see more of her in my last two months here.


Meet Liza:
Liza is super cute and sweet, but also doesn’t attend on a regular basis. Because of this she to is very quite and shy when she comes because she hasn’t been around enough to feel comfortable in the class yet I believe. I love having her though when she is with us!

Meet Sonya:
Sonya is one of our older students in the class and she is wonderful. She likes to participate, and most of all, likes to help out teacher!!! More or less, she very much so likes to be teachers pet! But I’m totally fine with it! She likes to help hold what we call our Star charts used for behavior and will often remind the other kids to be quite or they will get a star erased as she motions with her hands over the board as if wiping away a star as she has seen us do so many times! However, she can be a bit of an handful at times, trying to demand her way, as she seems to be use to always getting her way at home. Her English is one of the best in the class though, and I really do love having her in the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment